Working closely with Executive Creative Director and Creative Director to achieve world-class creative execution, the Director of Creative Innovation is responsible for ensuring Idea Factory is fully utilizing the latest digital tools and technology in the generation of creative content. You are a hybrid professional possessing a strong creative background combined with advanced knowledge of digital tools and channels. You are expected to push the boundaries of our offerings, ensuring we are exploring emerging content channels and technology. A naturally curious individual, you possess a restless desire to learn and a strong need to work within a collaborative environment. With a keen vision of the future, you will be a key individual on our leadership team helping Idea Factory shape digital-first strategies.
In This Role, You Will:
- Oversee the agency’s creative product, specifically in digital channels and applications
- Drive digital-first creative thinking and innovation across channels
- Define and guide the digital creative process to align with client needs
- You have a killer design aesthetic and an excellent handle on user experience and digital strategy. You know how to push creative teams to imagine new ways of bringing digital experiences to life through interaction and content.
- You’ll be an arbiter of our digital vision and will find opportunities to foster this vision within the team and agency. You’ll help us push digital design to tell evocative brand stories that create emotional connections with consumers.
- Bring a strategic mindset to projects in order to produce well-designed digital experiences that are not only beautiful but also effective in-market
- You will collaborate with our business development team and help advise on digital opportunities with potential clients that express our distinct digital POV
- Consistently bring innovative creative solutions and design applications to inspire team’s work
- You are a mentor and a leader and are excited to manage and grow our team of digital designers
- Ensures digital designs meet the needs of development and technical teams based on UX design best practices
In this role, you have:
- Deep understanding of the social media ecosystem and related best practices for incumbent (e.g. Facebook, Instagram) and emerging (e.g. Snapchat, TikTok) platforms
- Strong knowledge of digital production tools (image capture) and software; especially around video and animation
- Very fluent in Adobe Creative cloud applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, and XD
- Solid understanding of supporting digital channels such as email marketing, search, programmatic, and influencer partnerships
- Ability to assist team members with developing and advancing their digital skills
- The ability to use your knowledge and expertise to explore new business development ideas with our forward-thinking clients
- Embrace a team-first mentality and thrive in an environment that prioritizes outcomes over process
- Possess excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing tasks, projects, and clients
- Polished presentation skills; comfortable with formal speaking roles in client and new business presentations
- A natural motivator who challenges teammates to push deeper
Interested? Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. To learn more about Idea Factory, visit careers.ifactory.ca.
Idea Factory is a locally owned business with an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity. We provide a competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, performance bonus, paid vacation, personal and sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one. In addition to an endless supply of snacks, we offer a flexible environment which includes free parking at our open-concept downtown St. John’s office, work-from-home arrangements, and summer hours.