Idea Factory is seeking a skilled Frontend Developer to implement attractive, user-friendly websites that drive results for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as content management and security updates.
Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to discuss website design and function
- Create the website architecture
- Design the UX and Build the front-end
- Design and manage the website back-end including database and server integration
- Generate WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conduct website performance tests
- Troubleshoot issues: Performance, site updates, security, etc
- Conduct WordPress training with the client.
- Monitor the performance of the live website
- Setup marketing analytics code, pixels, and conversions
Web Developer Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a web developer
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug
- Strong content management skills
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field
Interested? Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. To learn more about Idea Factory, visit careers.ifactory.ca.
Idea Factory is a locally owned business with an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity. We provide a competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, performance bonus, paid vacation, personal and sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one. In addition to an endless supply of snacks, we offer a flexible environment which includes free parking at our open-concept downtown St. John’s office, work-from-home arrangements, and summer hours.